I have been a horrible blogger. I think it's because there has been so much to blog about that I have been overwhelmed with what to post on first! So, I decided to make a small list of victories over the past 2 weeks.
* Lin saying "I'm excited to go to school tomorrow, mom!" even though every morning since then she's said "I don't want to go to school, mom"
* Buddy creaming some guy on the opposing football team ... and his mom enjoying a strange sense of pride knowing that it was her son that caused this boy to lay on the field...motionless... for over 3 minutes...
* Cooking pizza in our trailer after freaking out about the fact that I had just ordered papa murphy's and the oven in our home stopped working 2 days previous. Exactly what was I thinking? Oh yeah, I was thinking... it would be fun to cook dinner in the trailer. The kids loved it!
* Ben fixing the oven. That guy can fix ANYTHING! He is amazing!
* Finding the remote to our television. I was in the basement with Ladybug the other day and she was eating a fruit snack. After she was done she said "all done". I told her to put it in the garbage. Without a moments hesitation she wadded up the wrapper and walked straight over to our bass speaker and shoved it in the small hole in the front. What? She's so random. So I was curious and went over to see what else was in that hole. To my complete surprise the remote control was there. Ben and I had both thought of that hole but we had also both thought "that hole is too small... it couldn't fit in there". Leave it to Ladybug to prove us wrong!
* Ladybug smiling like this instead of
* Only spending $2.48 at Target last week.
* Selling some of my goods at the Hyde Park Street Fair. Even if it wasn't a whole bunch... it was something!
***FINDING MY WEDDING RING!***
That's right! I went to pick up the kids for school last week. While I was waiting I climbed in the back seat to keep Ladybug company. I was noticing all the garbage in the back pocket behind the passenger seat. I was looking through it when what did appear? Now, I have looked in that back pocket dozens of times since I've lost my ring. I asked the kids in my carpool and none of them said they had seen it before. All I know is that I am SO HAPPY. We took it in to the jewelry store that night to have it sized. Turns out it was 1 1/2 sizes too big. I am so glad I found it. I had been feeling extra sad about it lately. What a HUGE blessing!