Monday, January 12, 2009

"you better shape up..."

So, we took an awesome vacation to Arizona to see my brother and his beautiful family. We were there through the week of Christmas and they were amazing hosts. They fed us extremely well (my waistline is the proof) and entertained us above and beyond the call of duty. Since then I have had a hard time coming back to reality. Reality = household chores, schedules, working out, eating healthy...the list goes on. I think it's my way of telling the new year to ...well...shove it. I am not one to make exuberant new year's resolutions. Only because I've just disappointed myself in the past... I can handle small goals leading up to big goals. But, in no way plan on changing my life completely in a few short weeks.

So, here is my list of "resolutions" ...or small goals for this year.
1- become more organized in my home and business
2- clamp down on the budget and put that money away. (seems like I'm not the only one with this idea)
3- work on my spiritual health by reading on a regular basis


Here's a few photos from the past few weeks. They may be random - my camera decided it would only download select photos..,not all of them.



Cool date/block thing I bought while in AZ.



Lin wearing a silly hat at Ikea

Cousin "Bince" at the museum

We went to the Children's Museum in Phoenix. We had a great time.

The girls painting and creating at the museum....nice pile 'o hair on that gingerbread man, Ladybug.



I have to say Buddy was the best at these contraptions

Dan and I giving it a whirl and making a fool of ourselves...maybe I should just speak for myself.

Christmas dinner at the Hochhalter's. Can I just say..."Yumm-o"!

The girls in their matching polka dots. Notice the nice bruiser Ladybug inherited the first day we got to AZ... or "zona" as she calls it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

First off, I have to say that running last years' marathon doesn't seem like a small new years resolution. I'm still calling you crazy for doing it!! :)

We had a blast hosting you here in "Zona". I'm so glad you could come. It mde my first Christms away from home that much closer to home. It was awesome to have family here.

Hope things are going well.
Sorry I hog my kitchen. :)
Love you guys!
-Katie

Nancy H. said...

Looked like you had a GREAT time, packed full of fun and family! Love you see you tomorrow!
Mom

Maran said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Love the calendar thingy. SO cute!