Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Letter from a friend


Back when Brigham was in the NICU I had a birthday...not that I felt like celebrating. I was pretty upset that I didn't have my newborn baby home with me. That's all I really wanted as my one birthday present. Luckily I have a dear friend, Jeri, who (might I add was on bed rest for her own pregnancy) wrote me this outstandingly hilarious letter and had her daughter drop it off with a big batch of jumbo muffins and a newborn outfit. I love that girl!!


I asked for her permission to post her letter here. I felt it was too good to not share with the rest of the world. I've told her many times that she needs to have a blog or write a book. She would have quite the following. I can't blame her when her when she says she has no time. She just had her 8th baby! And yet, she finds time to help helpless mothers of 4, like myself.

So, without anymore delay...here is her letter:

"Dear Holly,
Aaarrgghhh! I missed your birthday. I'm so sorry! Hope your day was good-such as it is. If you can have a great day with cracked boulder-breasts, carrying a donut pillow around to sit on, a baby in the NICU and the pleasant exhaustion that follows a high-stress birth after an emotional roller-coaster pregnancy, then that is my rosy wish for you. Yeah- better luck next year.

Look at the bright side- you've got a 'Get out of Guilt Free' card for all the sacrifices you've made for this kid. If he ever gives you grief, you can give him the 'I spent nine months rolled up in a ball, sobbing over Kleenex commercials, fighting stretch marks...etc... and THEN you made your dramatic grand appearance & refused to come home...

All I can say is you've paid up-front for this one. 'Brigham' better mean 'stellar, low maintenance son.'

Can't wait to meet the little guy. I'll bet his head smells like heaven. You're in my prayers.

Love,
Jeri"

No comments: