Thursday, May 14, 2009

photos of home

I have been slowly but surely working on updating my decor. I finally found a permanent spot for the silhouettes I created over 6 months ago. Yes, another "J" create by Ben...this time in a cursive font. New lamp shades my mom was getting rid of. Next I'd like to add some new throw pillows for the couch.


Another "J" hung above one of my bird paintings. This is hanging in the kitchen nook. Every time I look at it I think "Jay-bird" Love it.
A few weeks after I had made these small improvements, my sis in-law Katie inspired me with her wonderful design skills. I have a lot of work to do in order to make my home as cozy as hers.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I love the new home for the silhouettes! I also need to tell you that the cupcakes on the previous post look delicious. I need to sample one to make sure they taste as good as they look :)

Katie said...

It's easy to fake "cozy" when my whole house is about the size of your living room.

You know I've envied your house since I married into this family! Wainscoting, custom paintings, your kitchen, your leather couches, yum.

Lucky.
I love the sillhouettes. I still need to learn how to copy your idea. lol.

Love you hols. I miss you and heather today. Everyday, but today in particular.